Happy Friday readers. In addition to Earth Day, today is Good Friday and is for me an especially important day. Today I will pause and remember that there is no guilt in life and no fear in death. This is the power of Christ in me. No matter what I do or how hard I try, I will never be able to earn the love of Christ. It is a gift.
Wishing you a lovely weekend with your families. I hope you rest well, eat a ton of yummy food and remember that Easter has nothing to do with Easter bunnies, peeps or hunting for eggs.
If you’d like to play along with Fill in the Blank Friday, go link up with Lauren.
1. Fridays are a weekly reminder that no matter what you’re going through, or how crappy the week was, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Always.
2. Fresh flowers, hugs, Lilly Pulitzer, sunshine, sandals, pedicures, beach walks and skype dates with long distance friends make me terribly happy.
3. Something that inspires me is the life of my parents. They have overcome so much and are so strong. This year they celebrate 30 years of marriage and frankly still act like newlyweds.
4. If I had the day off today I would sleep till I was done, go for a long walk with my Mom, eat chocolate chip pancakes, read The Help, take a nap and have dinner with friends.
5. If I had to put a label on my home decor style, I would say my style is Scandinavian. I love the cozy, feminine style that looks welcoming and lived in.
6. Concerning politics I would say I’m an advocate for social justice. I believe in caring for the poor, the sick and the needy.
7. I’d like to go to Disneyland so I could go on all the rides, take silly pictures on Instagram and tweet them, eat Mickey ice cream and live in denial of the fact that I am grown-up.