Happy Friday dear readers. Sorry I’ve been a little absent lately. I will explain soon. For now, let’s play Fill in the blank Friday. Want to play along? Go link up with Lauren.
1. This weekend I’m going to start reading a new book. I’ve heard a lot about “Unbroken,” by Laura Hillenbrand and I look forward to diving into it while soaking up some sunshine.
2. My last vacation was over New Year’s when my family went to Seattle. We have very dear friends who have a big formal dinner party every year and we’ve been apart of that for longer than I can recall. It typically lasts 6+ hours, we eat one incredible course after another and share about how the last year was, what we learned and how grateful we are for our faith. I look forward to that tradition every year.
3. My next vacation will be in September when I go to Washington D.C. with my Grandma Lee. She was on the founding staff of the Peace Corps and she will be there for the 50th Anniversary celebration. We both LOVE D.C. so, we are going together to share our favorite parts of the city with each other. Pretty excited about this.
4. My favorite way to relax is with a wonderful meal, a great glass of red wine and a table full of people I love.
5. When vacationing one should always turn the cell phone off.
6. When vacationing one should never have a schedule. You don’t want to need a vacation from your vacation.
7. The best part about a vacation is how it clears your mind and leaves you refreshed.