Happy Weekend readers! I know I haven’t been blogging lately. My health has continued to be a challenge. However, when I have good days, I love a little distraction and blogging does just that.
It’s a day late, but who’s keeping track? Let’s play fill in the blank Friday.
1. One of my happiest moments ever was the weekend of my college graduation. Allow me to share a few reasons why: I am the first woman in my family to graduate from college, I LOVE The University of Oregon and was proud of my accomplishments in the four years I was there. Walking across the stage, shaking Dean Gleason’s hand, he said to me, “Have fun in Washington.” I looked out at my family as they waved and cheered and I felt so proud that all my hard work payed off. I think when you feel genuinely proud, you can also feel happy.
2. Summer is wedding season and weddings are either the most wonderful thing in the world, or something to dread. I take marriage very seriously and personally will not enter into it unless I am committed to it for life. So many couples have the, “I hope it works out,” attitude. If that’s the way that couple views marriage, then I’ll admit that I have a sour attitude about going. It can also be challenging to celebrate a couple you know is a bad match. Every so often (sad that it’s rare), there is a couple that is truly in love, totally meant for each other and is committed to the relationship for life. If that’s the case, then I’m smiling ear to ear, so happy for the couple and having the time of my life celebrating their love.
3. This summer has not been what I hoped it would be. Crossing my fingers for summer 2012 being a healthier one.
4. My summer food of choice has been…hmmmm…well tonight we’re having ribs, coleslaw, beans, cornbread, sweet tea and apple pie. As my host mom in DC would say, “That does not suck.”
5. My summer uniform has been shorts and a tank, a maxi dress or leggings and a tunic. Being home on medical leave means I haven’t been able to wear all my cute summer work outfits. Definitely a bummer, but my health of course is more important.
6. If I could spend the entire summer in one location I would choose Kerteminde, Denmark. My mother’s aunt and uncle in Denmark had a summer house on the beach there and some of my most fond childhood memories were had at that beach house. Long summer days, eating delicious Danish food, jumping off the dock and swimming with cousins and trips into town for ice cream. It’s definitely one of my “happy places.”
7. My summer anthem is “You and Your Heart,” by Jack Johnson. Love the song, the video and the deliberate flashings of his wedding ring. There are a handful of things that make me automatically think summer: beach, swimming, flip flops, margaritas, aloe vera and Jack Johnson. I’ve linked it below for your viewing pleasure. 🙂
If you want to play along, go link up with Lauren.