Today would be the 85th birthday of one of my favorite people, the lovely Audrey Hepburn. She is all things style and class. After an incredible film career, she became a special ambassador for Unicef and until her death in 1993, she spent her time in third-world countries loving and serving the poor.
In so many ways I admire her.
Her love for children, for the poor and a heart to serve.
Her lighthearted personality.
She didn’t take herself too seriously.
Oh, and let’s not forget her flawless style (and love for stripes.)
Here are my favorite Audrey quotes:
1. “If I’m honest I have to tell you I still read fairy tales and I like them best of all.”
2. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.”
3. “I believe in pink. I believe laughing is the best calorie burner. i believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that tomorrow is another day. And I believe in miracles.”
4. “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”
5. “Let’s face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people; it does for me.”
6. “I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.”
7. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!”
8. “I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it’s the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It’s probably the most important thing in a person.”
9. “I have to be alone very often. I’d be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That’s how I refuel.”
To her, let us raise a glass and toast to her life and legacy.
What a lady. What a life.